Well, Well. What a week it has been!  I try to keep this blog only to my professional workings filled with designs and inspirations. I wil...

SUMMER LOVIN

Well, Well. What a week it has been! 

I try to keep this blog only to my professional workings filled with designs and inspirations. I will throw in a few personal tidbits, but overall I try to stay on point. I have my own political beliefs, but I would not say I'm a political person. I will never be one to preach to anyone what they should or should not be doing with their life, but after recent events all around the world, I just want to take a moment to remind everyone that "The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return!" That is all. 

Speaking of Love.....this months theme at Sweet Salvage is Summer Lovin! What a fun market this is going to be. My interpretation on this theme is all about "Glamping." What is glamping?? It is glamorous camping. Glamping describes a style of camping with amenities and resort-style services not usually associated with "traditional" camping. It's taking all the comforts and style of home and placing it in a tent. Now this might not be exactly practical to some, but believe me, it is amazing!!



Glamping works best when it is in a stationary location. I've seen this design applied to people who have cabins or property and set up little retreats on their land. There are also lots of "Glamping" type resorts that have popped up all over the World that have adopted this glamours type of camping. 



Fireside Resort, Jackson Hole, Wyoming

I've taken a Glamping meets Ralph Lauren, meets Americana, meets Military type of theme. 




If you can't afford to go to a "Glamping" type of resort. You can accomplish the same type of luxury by bringing a few comfort essentials with you. For example: these amazing Vintage Military Cots. They fold down for easy travel and are very comfortable to sleep in. Throw on your favorite blankets and comfy pillows and you will sleep like a baby! 



Now, while a chandelier in your tent may be desired by not available, :) opt for lots of different types of lighting with lamps and lanterns. You can create that cool rustic feeling of fire lit lanterns in your tent using vintage rustic lanterns and battery operated candles. Don't forget the coffee and somewhere super cozy to sit to take in the amazing morning views!



Those are just a few fun tips on how you can incorporate some fun rusty and vintage items into making a glamours camping trip. Quite the oxymoron! 



It's all about bringing the indoors out.....or is it the outdoors in?
















You may also like

No comments:

{FRIENDS OF ARTISTIC ABODE DESIGNS (Formerly The Consigner Designer)

{I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH.......}

Arizona Moms Network
Photobucket

{WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!}

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics

{I HAVE BEEN FEATURED!!}

Labels