WOW, It is amazing how quickly good things go bad! I started out the month great by being honored with the Illuminating Blogger Award ...

GONE TO THE TRAINS!


WOW, It is amazing how quickly good things go bad! I started out the month great by being honored with the Illuminating Blogger Award. Then it all went to my head, literally. I ended up getting a really bad head cold that turned into an Upper Respiratory Infection. That in combination with being pregnant is not so fun. On top of that my poor son ended up getting a double ear infection. Man, we were quite a pair. A big thanks to the hubby for nursing us both back!
   
And back we are! I am in serious nesting mode right now. We have about 17 more weeks until our little girl arrives and I am loving preparing for her arrival. But before she gets here, we have a baby boy that is no longer a baby, but a little boy. And with that comes a little boys room! Long gone are the monkeys, everything has gone to the trains.....and cars, and trucks, and planes. This little boy loves his transportation vehicles!!
I will have a room reveal for you in a couple of weeks. Until then, I wanted to share some little projects I am making to add some personal touches to his room. 
This project is making a place for him to hang his hat! If there is one thing he loves more than "things that go," it's his hats (and shoes!) 

I originally found this sign that I used in his nursery. We used it for his hats, and little tiny robes.
I just loved the saying "Sweet Baby Boy!"


 He is no longer a baby boy, (though still sweet!) He just turned 2! It is amazing how fast they grow and how much they change in just 2 short years!

I started out with 3 wooden silhouettes of trains and a raw wood peg hanger. This project was super easy and added a lot of character for such a small area!


I began by taping off the bottom section of the hanger. I wanted to do a two tone color. Once my colors were dry. I added painters tape in different thicknesses and and painted my colors of choice on every other strip. I painted all the trains a solid color as well, and then taped off sections and painted those different colors. I then used a number stencil to put the numbers 1, 2, and 3 on the trains. 







You can use any type of wood silhouette to fit your design scheme. I found these at my local craft store. They are very inexpensive, about $.25 each. The peg board was about $3. I had the paint, glue, stencils and mounting brackets on hand. So the total project cost very little. Once all the paint was dry, I went over all of it with a coat of Mod Podge to help keep the paint from chipping over time. I then used my Scotch Maximum Strength Glue to adhere the trains. That's all! It was super inexpensive and very fast to make!







Not only is it super cute, but functional and educational too! My son just loves it!!







I was also able to hang it at a level my son can reach.....well almost reach!
 









 
 
A SNEAK PEAK OF MY NEXT "NESTING" PROJECT
 
How to make a crib size quilt by someone who has never sewn a quilt!
 









 
 
 
 THIS POST HAS BEEN LINKED TO:


* Mad in Crafts * Keeping It Simple * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * C.R.A.F.T.Alderberry Hill * Ask AnnaDIY Home Sweet Home  *  An Original Belle * Destination: Craft * I should be mopping the floor * Nifty Thrifty Things * It's So Very Cheri Under The Table and DreamingThe DIY ShowoffBrassy Apple Twigg Studios * Nutmeg PlaceNatasha in OzSweet Anne DesignsSugarbee Crafts * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Kampen LaneHome Stories A to Z  * Uncommon Designs * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen *A Diamond in the Stuff * Cherished Bliss * Blackberry Vine * How to Nest for Less * I Gotta Create * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Kammys Korner * Creatively Living *  Adventures of a DIY Mom * Made in A Day The Well Crafted Home * Natural Nester  * SNAP * Lil Luna * Restore InteriorsPractically Functional * My Girlish Whims * House of Hepworth * At The Picket FenceChic on a Shoestring * CraftionaryFrench Country Cottage *Funky Junk Interiors * Its Overflowing 504 Main * Redoux Interiors 
Tip Junkie handmade projects


THIS POST HAS BEEN FEATURED : 

In The Old Road


 
 
 


You may also like

10 comments:

Ashley Brooke said...

What a cute idea! New follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

Trisha @ Inspiration Laboratories said...

I love this project. My son loves trains. :)

Full Circle Creations said...

What a great transformation. Love the trains! Thanks for linking up to the All Star Block Party!

Holly

Emerson Grey Designs said...

Glad you found my blog...I'm excited to follow yours.

Jessi W said...

That's super cute, I love the colors. They're so bright and fun. Good luck with the quilt too! Thanks for linking this up at The Fun In Functional!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

It turned out so colorful and cute ! It will be a grat theme for at least several years I bet. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

Rachel said...

So cute!! Thanks so much for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Natasha in Oz said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better now. Please take care of yourself and your sweet family!

Thanks for linking up to Say G'day Saturday. This week's post is now live so I hope that you can join in again this weekend!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Morena Hockley said...

Visiting from Live Laugh Rowe's networkig blog hop!! I'm a new follower!

Morena

http://morenascorner.blogspot.com/

Shasta Farrar said...

Congratulations! You are featured in my All Star Block Party post today. Thank you again for joining us :)

Shasta @InTheOldRoad
http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com/2012/06/all-star-block-party-3-features.html

{FRIENDS OF ARTISTIC ABODE DESIGNS (Formerly The Consigner Designer)

{I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH.......}

Arizona Moms Network
Photobucket

{WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!}

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics

{I HAVE BEEN FEATURED!!}

Labels