Most days I see a product or item I like or want and I say to myself "I can do that!" or "I can make that!" Like mos...

SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW DIYers!!




Most days I see a product or item I like or want and I say to myself "I can do that!" or "I can make that!" Like most of us DIYers out there, we believe we can pretty much take on any project. But sometimes, just sometimes, I want a particular product and I don't always have the time, energy or the means by which to make it myself. That is when I turn to my fellow DIYers!
 
 (P.S. I am not getting paid to say any of this, I just really love these "designers" and I want to express how important I feel it is to support one another!)
 


 
While visiting a few of my favorite blogs. I came across Steph from Crafting in the Rain! She made these amazing earrings from paper. They were so cool and unique and I had to have some. Problem was, I didn't have the tools she used to make my own, so I did the next best thing! I purchased some from her! Here are some examples of the earrings she made.







Are these fabulous or what? I purchased the blue, mustard, and white ones. I absolutely love them! They are so light on my ears that I forget that I am wearing them. Here I am wearing the mustard and white ones. I still have yet to wear the blue ones, but don't worry, I only just received them!




A big THANK YOU to Steph from Crafting in the Rain for helping me to look fabulous while at the same time supporting my fellow DIYers! Be sure to check out her site so you can get your own fabulous earrings made from paper.


This past weekend I purchased my first piece of furniture for the nursery. And can you believe it.....it's pink, well I think it's more of a coral color and I love love love it! I'm not going to change a thing!


I have been looking for a French Provincial dresser that I could redo in pink for my baby girls nursery. I actually found this one on Craigslist,  it was already painted exactly how I wanted it, and I thought to myself,  why try and paint my own when this one is already done for me (mind you is it already well past 100 degrees here!) The price was right and so was the location!

I found this DIYer right here in my city! Her name is Kristen Wright. She runs a booth out of a store (one of my favorites) called Qcumberz. It was meant to be! Her booth number is #52 for those of you who live here in Arizona. Go check it out, this lady is C.R.A.F.T.Y! 
Not only is she great at refinishing furniture but she runs a catering/party planning company as well called The Wright Occasion (isn't that clever!) You can contact Kristen at kwrightoccasion@yahoo.com

 

I just love this dresser. I will use it as a changing table originally, until she's older. ( ha ha, that sounds funny considering she is not even born yet!) I can't wait to put the rest of the room together!


So what do you think? Did I score some amazing finds or what? I hope this has encouraged you to go out and support your fellow DIYers and any local vendors you may have in your area as well! All of these are just one way we can make a difference in reducing, reusing, and recycling! 















You may also like

11 comments:

Breena said...

I found you through Blog Hop Social! I'm your newest GFC follower :)

Blessings,
Breena
mommyknowslife.blogspot.com

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Thanks for the love! You're so cute and they look great on you :)

lisastuf said...

Awesome earrings and I love the pink dresser!
Perfect for a baby girls room!
Glad I found you through Cowgirl Up!
Am now a follower and would love it if you stopped my blog also and follow if you like it.
Thanks!
Lisa H.
lisastuf.blogspot.com

Leslie Harris said...

I'm so glad I joined the Blog Hop this morning and found your site. I also have the same "i can do that" reaction a lot, and I love to support fellow DIYers! I'm your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog when you get a chance.
Leslie Harris from www.gwenmossblog.blogspot.com

Lissa @ The Looking Glass said...

oh my i just saw the NAME of your blog and new i'd love it!! found you blog via the blog hop! LOVE IT!

Evelyn said...

I love the unity of this DIY Blogosphere!! Classic photo of Rosie!! Just dropping in to invite you to TWO super parties. I am co hosting Katherine's Corner Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop today and I will be hosting my Freedom Fridays tomorrow. So hoping to see you there.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love your finds, and yes we should all support each other. The earrings are so cute. Love the bold dresser too.

CJ - Food Stories said...

I have enjoyed reading your site so I've nominated you for the Illuminating Blogger Award for illuminating, informative blog content. You can check out the details at my site ... http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/ ... Hope you're having a great Memorial Day weekend!

Beth said...

You are doing a great job of helping out other DIY'ers! I've been debating on the earrings myself and how cute is that dresser!!

It had been too hot here to paint lately too, but a cool down is in order for this week - YAY!

The Lovely Mrs. P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lovely Mrs. P said...

I love those earring too~ Hmmm I want some!~Pretty dresser, I wouldn't change it either. Thanks for linkin up!
Kim@madeinaday

{FRIENDS OF ARTISTIC ABODE DESIGNS (Formerly The Consigner Designer)

{I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH.......}

Arizona Moms Network
Photobucket

{WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!}

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics

{I HAVE BEEN FEATURED!!}

Labels