Welcome to the Month of May! I can't believe how fast time flies when your having fun or when you are pregnant. That's right! We ...

PASSIONATE FOR A CABINET {part I}



Welcome to the Month of May! I can't believe how fast time flies when your having fun or when you are pregnant. That's right! We are expecting baby number 2. We are so excited!! I am feeling pretty good but quite sluggish, so forgive me if I am not always on time with the blog! With babies come nurseries, and with that, well you guessed it, posts on nurseries and nursery decor! I can't wait!! We will hopefully be finding out the gender next week, so stay tuned!! 
 
On to the cabinet!!

Oh this cabinet. I must be passionate about turning pink furniture into another color. You might remember a post I did called Pretty In Pink..Or So They Say, where I turned a pink side table into a glamorous black and gold number! Well, I have done it again. I found this white and pink country style cabinet and couldn't help but take it home and transform it! I have been looking for a new entry table for my foyer, one that has more storage for seasonal serving dishes. When I found this one, I looked right past the pink and and country style door fronts and imagined a whole new look for it! The size and silhouette are perfect for my space, the white, pink and shutter doors are not!










Now don't get me wrong, this piece isn't so bad, it's just not exactly what I was looking for! Someone actually refinished it themselves before I got a hold of it. I believe it was green before it was pink, at least that's the color I found under the hinges. 

For some reason I knew exactly what I wanted to do to transform it. The only problem is, as with most of my projects, I know how I want it to look, I don't always know how to make it look that way! Or how long it is actually going to take me to finish. So I just figure it out as I go. I have been working on it off and on for two weeks now. (I am also working as an Interior Designer part time, mom to a two year old and pregnant, so I work on it when I can!)
 
First thing is first! A trip to the hardware store. I have never taken a picture of my grocery cart before, I could hardly contain myself when I got all the supplies. 
I really love building things with my hands!!








Since it is still a work in progress, I wanted to tease you a bit and let your own mind wander as to what I may be doing with this beauty! So here is a list of what I have!

  1. Two quarts of different color Low Order, No VOC Behr paint!
  2. Plaster of Paris (hmmmm, homemade chalk-paint maybe?)
  3. A Miter Box
  4. A Ultra Smooth Foam Roller Kit
  5. MDF that is cut to size
  6. Wood Trim
  7. Decorative Aluminum Sheets
  8. Tin Snips
  9. Nail Heads (Not pictured)
  10. Furniture Wax (Not pictured)
  11. Wax Brush (Not pictured)
  12. Cheese Cloth (Not pictured)
  13. New Hard Ware!!
  14. Protective gloves and mask (As Always!!) 
 Here is a sneak peak of the hardware!


Come back next week for a double reveal!!
(The baby gender and the cabinet!)

THIS POST HAS BEEN LINKED TO:





Craftomaniac * Mad in CraftsSumo's Sweet StuffAsk AnnaDIY Home Sweet Home  * It's So Very Cheri Under The Table and Dreaming * Creatively Living The DIY ShowoffBrassy Apple  * Twigg Studios * How to Nest for LessCrafty Texas Girls * Sweet Anne Designs * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Home Stories A to Z  * Project Queen * I Gotta Create * A Bowl Full of LemonsThe Well Crafted Home * At The Picket FenceThe Shady Porch  * The Shabby Creek CottageCraftionaryFrench Country Cottage *Funky Junk Interiors * Its Overflowing 504 Main * Redoux InteriorsAddicted 2 Decorating * Miss Mustard Seed * Decorating Insanity * Made In a DayThe DIY Dreamer
 
 
 
 


You may also like

8 comments:

The Lovely Mrs. P said...

I can't wait to see what you do! I have a similar cabinet that was my daughters changing table, (She's 10) Lol! I hung on to it because it had great bones..
Kim@madeinaday

Deanne said...

can't wait to see how it turns out!

DIY Show Off said...

Congratulations! :)

Now the teaser is just mean. lol! Just kidding. I love the suspense. Can't wait to see what you're up to. Love the cabinet and the hardware is gorgeous!

Katie Goldsworthy said...

Congratulations!!! and I can't wait to see what you're doing with this piece! Love that hardware!

--Katie

Hani@Craftionary said...

I love the things you are going to use to refinish this project.. Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

Lauren @ The Well Crafted Home said...

This looks like such an exciting project! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for linking up at Well Crafted Wednesdays! I'm hoping you will link up your finished project too! :)

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Congratulations on expecting your 2nd child! Looking forward to seeing how you transform this cute little cabinet. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
<3 Christina

http://igottacreate.blogspot.com

Holly Lefevre said...

Great cabinet!Love the hardware...cannot wait to see it all!

{FRIENDS OF ARTISTIC ABODE DESIGNS (Formerly The Consigner Designer)

{I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH.......}

Arizona Moms Network
Photobucket

{WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!}

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics

{I HAVE BEEN FEATURED!!}

Labels