Spring is in the air people! And that goes for Arizona too. I am trying to soak up as much time outdoors as I can before it gets too ho...

SPRING FLING, FRENCH FOUNTAIN



Spring is in the air people! And that goes for Arizona too. I am trying to soak up as much time outdoors as I can before it gets too hot. While most of you will soon be free from the interior of your homes to frolic in the sunshine, here in Arizona, we retreat to the indoors in the summer. But right now, we are in our prime!

You may remember a post I did about visiting the Paris Flea Market this past September. There were two major purchases we made at that Market. One is the big, beautiful, and ornate bird cage I am holding in the post. We are still waiting for that one to arrive on a container when the in-laws come home! (Can't wait to see them, my in-laws, not just the bird cage. ha ha) The second is this amazing vintage French Fountain that my husband actually found. I must say he has great taste! The bad news is I wish I had a picture of it hanging in the vendors booth at the market, but I didn't! C'est La Vie! The good news is, my husband was finally able to hang up the fountain. And I must say, I am in love!! 
 





 Isn't she beautiful! She's no feather weight though, It weighs at least 25lbs. The details and hardware are so lovely!!
 




My husband even purchased matching screws to attach it to the block wall! Love it! I can barely keep my hands off the patina!!





The fountain is not functioning. The mounting hardware for a water source is a much different size than say a standard hose. It would have to be retrofitted and a base for the wall would need to be built, other wise if we hook it up to water, it would not be flush with the wall.










I have seen a few antique fountains, where the owners have placed succulents, flowers or plants in them. I think this is a very stunning addition. Below are a few pictures of examples that I have seen along with their sources.
 




The Gardeners Anonymous 
 




 Digging
 




 




I think they look amazing. I also like the idea of turning the fountains into a planter, using it for something other than its original or intended purpose! What do you think?
 
 
 
 
THIS POST HAS BEEN LINKED TO:
Debbiedoos * Craftomaniac *  Skip to my Lou * Mad in Crafts * Keeping It Simple * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * C.R.A.F.T.Alderberry Hill * So Very Creative * Singing Three Little Birds *Ask Anna *Polly Want a Crafter * DIY Home Sweet Home  *  An Original Belle * Destination: Craft * Toastie Studio * I should be mopping the floor * Nifty Thrifty Things * It's So Very Cheri Under The Table and Dreaming * Tip Junkie * Sugarbee Crafts * My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaHome Stories A to Z  * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen *A Diamond in the Stuff * Cherished Bliss * Blackberry Vine * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Kammys Korner * Creatively LivingNorthern Cottage * How To Nest For Less * Beez Rental Designs






You may also like

13 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

I'm here via the Skip to My Lou link party. Your fountain looks beautiful. Your newest follower ~ Megan

Desmondiva said...

Wow!! Beautiful! I didn't even know about french fountains. And now I am a fan of them just from reading your post. I want one!!! I love the color!! You are so talented.

Mandy said...

Hi Jenn! Beautiful fountains. Love the one with the succulents!
Thanks so much for stopping by Project Queen today and leaving a sweet comment about the baby nursery curtains. Love comments!

Barbe @ Beez Rental Designs said...

Hi, found you via Make the Scene Monday party! Just read your post on Paris trip; shamelessly jealous. hehehe
I so love your fountain, beautiful! I love the inspiration pics, too! Love taking something and using it in a different way. Hope you'll follow back and link to my Frugal Treasures Tuesday party going on now.

Barbe @ Beez Rental Designs said...

Forgot . . . I'm also a new follower!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Beautiful piece! What a terrific find! It looks beautiful where you placed it! Angie xo

Jennifer Young said...

C'est belle! What a beauty! I love your inspiration photos, too. I found you on the ABFoL link party. Thasnks for sharing!

Cristina Garay said...

What a beautiful fountain you got! all of them are very pretty!

Kathryn Pepper said...

I like the idea of turning it into a planter, too. It's really a beautiful fountain. Thanks for sharing at Cutesy Monday!

Kathryn
destinationcraft.blogspot.com

Katie Goldsworthy said...

Beautiful!!! It's even prettier with the matching lavender by it!

Great work!

--Katie

Stephanie @ Toastie Studio said...

Thanks for linking up to my party! I wanted to let you know I picked your link to feature this week! See my post and grab my feature button here http://toastiestudio.blogspot.com/2012/03/made-monday-12-picks.html

Emreen said...

Love your fountain...especially love its rich color.. !! It looks beautiful as such... Growing succulents is also a great idea... !!

Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage said...

That is gorgeous! I found a copper fountain that I found at a tag sale - price still attached (I think it was around $200) that I paid $10 for!!

I plan on using it as a plant holder too!
Kelly

{FRIENDS OF ARTISTIC ABODE DESIGNS (Formerly The Consigner Designer)

{I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH.......}

Arizona Moms Network
Photobucket

{WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!}

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics

{I HAVE BEEN FEATURED!!}

Labels