I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. I had the most amazing weekend, full of outdoor activities and inspiration! This weekend my fa...

BIRDS OF A FEATHER

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. I had the most amazing weekend, full of outdoor activities and inspiration! This weekend my family and I attended The Scottsdale Arts Festival. There were SO many amazing artists! It was so refreshing to see so much talent with unique and original ideas. We were even fortunate enough to take home a wonderful print on canvas from an incredibly talented french photographer! 


 This week, I would like to share with you this wonderful, yet unique candle holder that I have put together. I decided to name it "Birds of a Feather!" I am sure you all know the old saying "Birds of a Feather Flock Together!" It means that those of similar taste flock in groups! That is how I feel about Blog Land. There are so many wonderfully talented people out there with some really amazing blogs! I am just so happy to be a part of this flock!



This little project all began with a trip to the thrift store. I found this really awesome candle holder. But that was it, no candles, no votive holders, just the candle holder itself. As soon as I saw it, it called out "Birdcage" to me. I am sure you can see why. So that is where I let the creative process take me. After a second trip to the thrift store I found a whole bag of votive holders. More than I needed but who cares, you can always use votive holders! I set out to find my bird and nest and so it took shape!


I wanted the votive holders to really sparkle when the candles were lit in them. I sprayed the outsides of them with glass spray paint. If you attempt a project like this, be sure you are spraying the outside of the votives, not the inside. You don't want the spray to catch fire!! 

 
Also, I have invested in a painters respirator mask and some heavy duty gloves. It is very important when using such chemicals to protect your lungs. The thin dust masks don't always catch all debris and particulates! I purchased mine at my local Home Depot!


I love the way this glass paint makes things look. Another perk of painting the outside of the votives, is because it is the opposite side you paint that then has the reflection! Perfect for reflecting candle light!


While waiting for the votive holders to dry, I assembled my nest with this beautiful bird and her eggs. I attached it to the base of the "cage" and then added the votive holders and these beautiful looking and smelling robins egg blue color candles! It is such a beautiful piece. You can use it as a centerpiece indoors or you can hang it up outdoors. Either way she's ready to fly....well not really because she is glued down, but you get the point! ;)














 
THIS POST HAS BEEN LINKED TO:
 
Craftomaniac *  Skip to my Lou * Mad in Crafts * Keeping It Simple * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * C.R.A.F.T.Alderberry Hill * So Very Creative * Singing Three Little Birds *Ask Anna * Get Outta My Head Please *Polly Want a Crafter * DIY Home Sweet Home  *  An Original Belle * Destination: Craft * Toastie Studio * I should be mopping the floor * Nifty Thrifty Things * It's So Very Cheri Under The Table and Dreaming Decorating Insanity * Rustic CraftsTip Junkie * Sugarbee Crafts * My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaHome Stories A to Z  * Not Just a Housewife * Project Queen *A Diamond in the Stuff * Cherished Bliss * Blackberry Vine * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Kammys Korner * Creatively LivingNorthern Cottage * Blue Cricket Design * Lil Luna  * Restore Interiors  * The Southern Product QueenChatty Chics * Free Pretty Things For You My Girlish Whims * I Gotta Create * House of Hepworths *  At The Picket FenceChic on a Shoestring * Craftionary * 504 Main * Redoux * Creation Corner * Funky Junk Interiors * Every Creative Endeavor Three Mango Seeds  * French Country CottageAdventures of a DIY Mom *








 


You may also like

14 comments:

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

Wow! That looks fabulous! I love that you started at a thrift store. My kind of project! Following you now via GFC and looking forward to seeing what's next.

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

I love this! What a unique thrift store find!

Debbiedoo's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathryn Pepper said...

Very creative! I love it! Thanks for linking up to Cutesy Monday!

Kathryn
destinationcraft.blogspot.com

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Oh how perfect for spring!!! Thanks so much for linking up to the "Spring Fling" party over at I Gotta Create! <3

Beth said...

Don't ya just love Thrift stores? I sure do! I also love the idea of that candle holder as a birdcage. I would have never thought of that!

Lori Stokes Wright said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the birdcage take on it, that's what I saw too. Gotta pin it, found you at Spring Fling I Gotta Create.

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Katie Goldsworthy said...

Beautiful! and perfect for spring! You have some great projects going on lately!!!
Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!
--Katie

Amy @ Punk Princess Creations said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! Following you back. :-)

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

simply FABULOUS!!!! : ) hugs

Our Delightful Home said...

Awesome job! I would love for you to link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-6.html

PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Laura Hernandez said...

Found your blog via the Blog Hop. I’m your newest GFC follower!
http://our-reflection.blogspot.com/

Hani@Craftionary said...

Amazing Jen.. :) I love the bird's nest..

{FRIENDS OF ARTISTIC ABODE DESIGNS (Formerly The Consigner Designer)

{I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH.......}

Arizona Moms Network
Photobucket

{WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!}

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics

{I HAVE BEEN FEATURED!!}

Labels