If you've been following me for a while, you might remember my confession for my new obsession of wanting to turn everything I see int...

LET'S "CHALK" ABOUT IT, PART DEUX!

 If you've been following me for a while, you might remember my confession for my new obsession of wanting to turn everything I see into a chalkboard from my post in
If you are new to my blog, WELCOME!
Today I am here to show you more of my obsession and how you can use Chalkboard paint for Chalkboard Art! Below are a misfit of items that I found in my thrifting adventures. While most of them are o.k on their own, I don't really like to settle for just o.k!


 This time, instead of using Chalkboard Paint, I used Chalkboard Spray Paint. Man, was it easier. I simply used painter's tape to tape off the section of the items I did not want to paint and away I went. Once they were dry, I cured them with chalk and started to create (in my opinion) little pieces of art! 


BEFORE






I love that this piece can say anything you want and be incorporated into your decor! Here I have incorporated into my kitchen decor.







BEFORE
    

I simply sprayed the front of this basket so I could label the items I wanted to put in it. I have used it to house my magazines (a few of many!).

BEFORE
This one is TRÈS chic! It was originally a wall plaque, but can now hold my most beautiful perfume bottles! 



BEFORE
Every lady needs a mirror to admire herself, fix her makeup or just to make funny faces in!

I used a piece of glass from an old picture frame and sprayed it with glass/mirror spray paint. I added some water to the glass during the process to give it an aged look. 








 

BEFORE
This is probably one of my favorites! I sprayed it with Chalkboard paint and then wrote the first few verses to "La Vie en Rose" by Edith Pilaf. I added to the romance of it by adding a picture of two angels embracing. You could carry out the same idea with a picture of your special someone and your anniversary date or special day written on the frame. The same could be said for your child's or your pet's picture and something about them written on the frame! I love it so much because it is totally customizable and interchangeable!


Happy "Chalking"




THIS POST HAS BEEN LINKED TO:

Debbiedoos Sumos Sweet Stuff, Skip to My Lou, C.R.A.F.T, So Very Creative, A Bowl Full of Lemons, I'm Topsy Turvy, Vintage Wanna Bee, Todays Creative Blog, Home Stories A to Z, Not Just a House Wife, Under The Table and Dreaming, Kammys Korner, Creatively Living A Bowl Full of Lemons, Made In A Day, I'm Topsy Turvy, Not Just A Housewife,  Blue Cricket Design, It's So Very Cheri, Lil Luna, Restore Interiors, The Southern Product Queen, It's Overflowing, Chatty Chics, Free Pretty Things For You, My Girlish Whims,  A Glimpse Inside, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Yesterday on Tuesday,  I Gotta Create, House of Hepworths, At The Picket FenceChic on a Shoestring, Craftionary, 504 Main, Redoux ,Creation Corner, The Girl Creative, Funky Junk Interiors


THIS POST WAS FEATURED:


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special














You may also like

18 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for your comments!
Love it all! You CAN'T go wrong with chalkboard paint!

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter

Debbiedoo's said...

The possibilities are endless with chalk board paint. Very cute ideas. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

Dawn@MakingHome said...

Awesome job ! I really love the mirror you created. I have yet to find the mirror spray paint ( I live in the back of beyond ) And I envy you that you can spray paint in winter, it's WAY too cold here for that :( Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments . I love comments !

Drama Mama Lori said...

These are great! I've done something similar myself, but yours look better! Found you from Kammy's Korner! - Lori

Kammy's Korner said...

Oh so pretty! Love the magazine rack especially!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I love your blog!! The design is brilliant - I just wanted to jump right in as soon as I came here!!

I really like the idea of chalkboard spray paint...you've totally convinced me I need some!!

I've signed up to folow you!

Sarahx

Ruth said...

I love these great chalk ideas. Great transformations.
Ruth

Katie Goldsworthy said...

Very cute! I love chalk paint too. I don't know if you've seen my kitchen in my blog, but I chalk painted the entire backs of my cupboards, and took all the doors off. lol

Thanks for linking this up! I love your little signs with words around your house!
--Katie
@ Creatively Living

http://findingsecrettreasures.blogspot.com said...

I love all your chalkboards!

Cassidy said...

Totally love the chunky chalkboard frame!

http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

The frame is my favorite, too! So much fun with chalk :). Thanks for sharing at Kiss and Tell over at my place!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Lovely ideas!! I'm especially fond of that picture frame! Wow... very cool. :)

Shared on FJi Facebook and pinned for SNS 119. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150618465806141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

Donna

Meg said...

Great ideas! Found you through Funky Junk on Facebook and will be your newest follower on my way out!

Would love a follow back: nutmegplace.com

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said...

I love chalkboards!! Thanks so much for linking up...Lisa Leonard Designs giveaway just started on my blog!! Stop by if you haven't entered yet...


XO, Aimee

Linda Leyble said...

Hi there - just found your blog via Redoux (where I posted a Faux Aged Leather Bookcase). I love this post - very upbeat and very creative. I love Chalkpaint as well. Have only done about 15 or so things with it to date (need to do more!).

I wasn't aware (or maybe I was and you awakened the thought) of the glass/mirror product. That's great - I have to look for that. Can you get it at Michael's or AC Moore? I have a small demilune table that I did with chalk paint - but the top of the table is very wonky (read - horrible). I was thinking of doing an antique mirror finish on a regular mirror - but I think the glass will be less expensive - and then I could do your antique finish on it. It's one of those scrolly tops, so I would have to have a glass guy cut it out for me.

Love your picture idea for Valentine's, with the words to La Vie en Rose around it. My husband and I went to Paris and Provence a year before we got married (have great pics from our trip), and our wedding song was La Vie en Rose!

Thanks,

Linda

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Very cute ideas!! Love chalkboard paint.

Chatty Chics said...

Love ALL of these ideas! Great job! So stinkin' cute!
Melody
ChattyChics.com

Hani@Craftionary said...

I love chalkboard paint.. Chalk everything up and You can never go wrong.. :) The mirror that you made is fabulous and the frame and the magazine rack.. :)

{FRIENDS OF ARTISTIC ABODE DESIGNS (Formerly The Consigner Designer)

{I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH.......}

Arizona Moms Network
Photobucket

{WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!}

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics

{I HAVE BEEN FEATURED!!}

Labels