Every Birthday and Christmas, myself, my in-laws and my in-laws in-laws (did you get that?) gather and celebrate with afternoon tea. We have...

TEACUP TEALIGHT DELIGHT!

Every Birthday and Christmas, myself, my in-laws and my in-laws in-laws (did you get that?) gather and celebrate with afternoon tea. We have been keeping this tradition for well over 6 years now. Wow, I can't believe it has been that long. This year, I wanted to make them something special for Christmas that represented our beloved tea times. I decided to make them all Teacup Tealights! I was inspired by numerous images and tutorials I have seen online. I however, had to make it my own and added some extra decorative items that I felt fit their personalities! (I just realized that this is a spoiler for them, but I have to post these candles because they are just too cute! So ladies, I hope you like them! Merry Christmas!) What they don't know, is who gets which one!





I started out with two sets of teacups and their saucers that I found at a consignment store. I wanted to add some decorative items to them, so I found 4 different candle wreaths on sale. Then I used other embellishments that I found around the house to add a little more interest. I used pete moss, white feathers and faux garland! Now the items I have laying around my house may be a little different than what you have around yours, but use your imagination, anything goes! I wanted to glue the teacups to their saucers, so I turned to no other than Gorilla Glue! Those cups aren't going anywhere!!


















I began by gluing the teacups to their saucers and allowed for them to dry according to the Gorilla Glue instructions. Once they were dry I added my candle wreaths. I had to cut them so that I could fit them around the teacup handles and then re-glued them using the Gorilla Glue. I glued the cups first and then glued the wreaths second so I could see where I needed to add my other elements so that the glue was not visible. If you decided to make these, let me know if you used a different method that was easier. I would love to hear from you! 

Once I had glued all my elements in place, I simply added a tealight candle to each cup. I used a tealight candle for two reasons; One I liked the idea of using a tealight in the teacups and Two, I wanted them to be able to change out the candle easily! And that was it. They were so easy to make! They will make the perfect personalized gift for the ladies in my family!


The light that was coming through the window was too perfect. I couldn't pass up the shot!


I filled in the negative spaces of this wreath with preserved pete moss. The green of the moss really made the red accents pop!


This berry wreath had the perfect amount of fullness. Just the right touch of traditional!



For this teacup, I added white feathers underneath the red and metallic beads. 
It is so angelic!


Last but not least! I added faux garland to juxtapose the natural green against the metal and mirrors. Just the right mix of glamor and nature! 


I love them all grouped together like this. I just might have to make some more for myself!


They were that simple, but they look like so much more! I am so pleased with how they turned out. I hope the ladies like them as well!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


You may also like

13 comments:

Sherry said...

I really love the teacups with the white feathers and the other with the evergreen and silver. Soooo pretty. Thanks for stopping by my blog space. I'm a happy new follower of yours!

shopannies said...

love it to me a bit elegance for Christmas come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Ruben said...

I love these Jen! What a clever idea!!!

Leovi said...

Beautiful pictures, my favorite is the first. I like the light and the delicacy with which they are exposed objects, gorgeous. Greetings.

Kim said...

That green with the silver is perfection. Gorgeous!
http://ourlittlewoodenhouse.blogspot.com/

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!!! i have gotten some great tea cups lately and i just might have to create! lol!!! thanks so much for sharing...sending holilday hugs...

The Single Nester said...

Very pretty and the feather boas make it extra lovely.

Mary Ellen said...

The teacup tealights are a great idea! I am always finding pretty sets at thrift stores !

Alana Karl said...

ooh, those look so cute! what a great tradition!!

classic • casual • home said...

How charming!!! Following you...for more fun.
Merry Christmas to you and your family,
Mary Ann

Nikki@EverythingUndertheMoon said...

This is very beautiful. I would love for you to share this at my special holiday linky party going on right now! http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/12-days-of-christmas-holiday-linky.html

Happy Holidays to you and yours!!
~Nikki ...xoxo

SMD said...

I love my teacup Jen! It is so pretty and I'll treasure it forever! Love you,

Shelly
P.S. For anyone who is interested, I received the one with the feather garland and the red baubles. I love it!

Tairalyn said...

How perfect are these! Great Job, makes me a little sad that the Season is over :( Now I have 2 things to really look forward to, for next Christmas. My baby girl being old enough to hopefully walk AND these Tea Cup Tea Lights.

Thanks so much for coming by Little Miss Mama and showing some love with my Tea Cup Saucers Hooks. I had so much fun making them, and by this I mean I had so much fun watching my husband do all the heavy labor while I watched. LOL

Would love to have you over at Little Miss Mama again sometime. Or better yet make sure you come back and enter my GIVEAWAY... its for the Fashion AND Tea lover in all of us!

http://www.littlemissmama.com/2012/01/new-year-calls-for-giveaway.html

XO
Tairalyn

{FRIENDS OF ARTISTIC ABODE DESIGNS (Formerly The Consigner Designer)

{I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH.......}

Arizona Moms Network
Photobucket

{WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!}

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics

{I HAVE BEEN FEATURED!!}

Labels