Christmas comes but one time each year! Time for friends and family both far and near. There's the gifts, the cheer, and of course ...

COPYCAT FINIALS

Christmas comes but one time each year!
Time for friends and family both far and near.
There's the gifts, the cheer, and of course the baking,
but don't forget the DECORATING!!

 Well folks, its that time of year again. Time to get ready for Christmas. Many of you may have already gotten all of your decorations up and your shopping done. Many of you may have not started at all. This year I am trying to get all of it done with out stressing. I am trying to enjoy the process and not worry so much about WHEN it gets done. 

One of my fellow bloggers, Debbie, from Debbiedoo's is hosting a Copycat Christmas Challenge. The idea is to find a magazine cover or catalog layout inspiration and put your own twist on it. I thought this was such a great idea and jumped at the chance to participate!

 Now when I first heard about this challenge, I already had an image that I wanted to recreate anyways. The fact that Debbie, from Debbiedoo's was hosting this challenge, I thought for sure it was kismet. However what I did not know is how labor intensive the assignment I was about to take on was going to be. Four days straight I worked on building these Christmas decor items that I had fallen in love with. Once I got going, there was no way I was going to stop until they were complete. I am so happy with the final results and am so pleased to share them with you now!

HERE IS THE INSPIRATIONAL PHOTO FROM FRONTGATE: 




AND HERE IS MY INTERPRETATION:


I couldn't quite do the five feet tall ones that were featured in the inspirational photo, so I opted to make 2 1/2 feet tall ones and recreate the scene on my mantel!





This is basically what I started out with!




Not to shabby!
Due to the labor intensity of this project, I did not post instructions on how to make these. If you are interested in a step by step tutorial, feel free to email me and I will send them to you! Thanks










THIS POST HAS BEEN LINKED TO:
The DIY Show Off














You may also like

15 comments:

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

WOWZA! You went over and above the copy cat challenge here my friend! You did an amazing job and they look fantastic on the mantel. I bet every time you look at them you smile. Now you have created something for years to come and share. Thank you for joining in on the fun. Enjoy!

The Long Awaited Home said...

This is so clever!

mrshinesclass said...

I LOVE that you scaled down the inspiration to fit your mantel. And the results are just amazing! The mantel looks beautiful!

Sharon @ mrshinesclass

the cape on the corner said...

whoa! that is awesome, i can't believe you made those, and i love the way you displayed the ingredients. fabulous! and what a fun blog name-popping over from debbie doos.

Aimee said...

Oh my goodness this is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! You are an amazing artist and I love your blog!!! I'm so glad to be following you! You inspire me!

Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

Shannon Olson said...

Great copying! Looks wonderful =)
http://shannonolson.blogspot.com/2011/11/childrens-art.html

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Not too shabby for sure! What a great idea to make these smaller to fit on your mantle -- very creative of you to take those elements and turn them into something so amazing!

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

WOW...that's all I can say is wow! I prefer your version...and you did an amazing job. Wow again!

Jaime @ Stitch2buttercups said...

Your mantel looks amazing!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

these are AWESOME!!!!! WOW -- simply amazing!!! hugs from your newest follower!

At The Picket Fence said...

Those are absolutely amazing! I saw you over at Debbie's party and think you did such a phenomenal job copying your inspiration photo and yet tailoring it to your home. Well done! :-)
Vanessa

Dusty Coyote said...

Very pretty and I think much better than the giant ones. Where would you even store those?? Great idea!!!

Crafting Rebellion said...

Love this!
www.craftingrebellion.com

Barb said...

What an amazing copy cat job you did on these - they look fantastic - your whole mantel does for that matter!

Holly Lefevre said...

you rocked that copycat job! What an amazing job you did on recreating those topiaries...so impressed!

{FRIENDS OF ARTISTIC ABODE DESIGNS (Formerly The Consigner Designer)

{I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH.......}

Arizona Moms Network
Photobucket

{WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!}

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics

{I HAVE BEEN FEATURED!!}

Labels