Two of my most favorite things in the world are Halloween and Paris, France. Since today is Halloween, I thought I would share with you some...

TRICKS & TREATS!

Two of my most favorite things in the world are Halloween and Paris, France. Since today is Halloween, I thought I would share with you some Tricks (An easy DIY Recycled Wine Bottle Centerpiece) and some Treats (Pictures from my first trip to Paris)! Oddly enough, this Recycled Wine Bottle Centerpiece, embellished for Halloween, was inspired by my trip to Paris. HAPPY HAUNTING!




The items you will need are:
  • 5-7 Empty wine bottles in varying heights. If you don't want to use wine bottles you can use any empty glass bottles. Here I have used a collection of, what else, but French label wine bottles. 
  • A glue gun and glue
  • A silver tray of your choice, large enough to hold your selected number of wine bottles. I fell in love with this particular one because of its wooden handles. I found it at a local thrift store for about $4.
  • Taper candles and tea light candles. (Generally around $.42 each.)
  • 2 Halloween inspired candle holders or similar small scaled items. I found these skeleton hand candle holders at my local dollar store, $2 Other options could be small crows, pumpkins or small bowls filled with candy corn. You can them put the tea lights on top of the candy corn for a unique look!
  • For an extra splash of Halloween I found these felt spiderweb place mats at my local dollar store as well, $3 Here I will use them under my Centerpiece and on either side for added drama! If you can't find place mats like these, then you can make your own using pieces of felt found at your local craft store. 
  • PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE REAL CANDLES AND HAVE FLAMES, BE AWARE OF WHAT YOU PUT AROUND THEM TO AVOID FIRE HAZARD!
  •  
Next, arrange your bottles and skeleton hands on the tray according to how you would like them to look. Once you have decided how you would like to arrange them, move them off the tray. Start to glue only the bottles onto the tray. I try to keep the glue to the inside ring of the bottom of the bottles so you can't see the glue once they are on the tray. (After seeing this picture I must apologize for how my glue gun looks, it gets a lot of use!)
TID BIT: The reason I glue the bottles to the tray is so that the entire piece is easier to move around without worrying about all the bottles falling over and shattering!


Once you have glued your bottles to your tray, place the candles in the bottle openings. I like to burn the bottom of the candles a little so when I push them onto the bottles, they conform to the opening. Then take your lighter and burn around the edge of the top of the bottle where the candle meets. This will melt the wax a little more around the bottle and help secure it. The candles are not permanent and can be easily removed, but this tip helps to keep the candles from just falling off. I also like to let the candles burn a little on top too to get that great dripping wax effect!

At this point your Centerpiece is complete. It looks awesome just as it is. I keep mine on my counter-top like this all year round, but when the holidays come around is when you can have some real fun with it. I will be demonstrating throughout this holiday season how you can continue to update this centerpiece and make it fit in with your holiday decor. Since it is Halloween, lets get spooky with it!

The next few steps are simple. Add your Halloween adornments! In this case I have added my skeleton hand candle holders. Do not glue these down so that you can change them out with the seasons. Then place your spiderweb place mats under and around your Centerpiece. I added a couple cellophane pumpkin trees and voila, you have a unique, festive and inexpensive Centerpiece that is sure to be the "Center" of attention!! 




THIS POST HAS BEEN LINKED TO:







You may also like

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

The DIY Show Off said...

Jen, that is awesome! Spooky but not tacky at all. Great job! I'm new to your blog (looks like I'm going to love it over here) and your newest follower! It's so nice to e-meet you! :) I look forward to seeing more!

Roeshel

Jen Lossing, The Consigner Designer said...

Thanks Roeshel,
I am new to your blog as well! I look forward to following you and your DIY style!

Renewed Upon a Dream said...

I LOVE wine! Such a great idea for a way to use the bottles in your home!

{FRIENDS OF ARTISTIC ABODE DESIGNS (Formerly The Consigner Designer)

{I'M IN CAHOOTS WITH.......}

Arizona Moms Network
Photobucket

{WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!}

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics

{I HAVE BEEN FEATURED!!}

Labels